Last Updated: 31 May 2018
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When contacting us through our website form, you may be asked to enter your name, email address and the type of query or information you want to share with us. Your information might also be collected when you write a mail to us. Your website usage might be tracked to help us improve your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you fill out a form or enter information on our site. We automatically collect certain information when you start using our website or app to improve our services.
- Location related Information: When you use certain features on our website using our desktop site or mobile site, we may collect your approximate or precise location based on data such as your IP address or your mobile's GPS to provide you with a better experience. Mostly all mobile devices give you an easy access to control your location services through the device's settings.
- Device and Usage Information: When you access our platform using either our desktop site or mobile site, we automatically collect your device information such as device's software and hardware information, device event information, crash data, cookie data and other such information. We also collect information such as pages visited, page engagement, content searched, page navigation, bookings made and other such actions.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests or product inquiries.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
Lawful bases for processing your data
Marketing, communication & performing analytics and research lies under our legitimate business interest to provide our services in a better manner, to improve upon it and also in order to sometimes prevent fraud.
We may also process your data wherever applicable on compliance with legal obligations upon request from the law enforcement bodies.
How do we protect your information?
We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Do we use 'cookies'?
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties like our business partners for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Personal data about children
The services offered by us are not directed at children under 13 years old and we do not knowingly collect or retain personally identifiable information from them. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has obtained our services, then you may write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that TripHobo deletes that child's personal information from our systems.
Controlling your Personal data
You may get in touch with us for the following:
- You can write to us to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold about you
- Under certain circumstances, you may also ask us to erase, block or restrict the processing of your personal data and we will take measures to oblige to your request
- Under certain circumstances, you may also ask us to send the personal data given by you that is transferred to a third party
Where ever we have used your personal data based on your consent, you are entitled to withdraw that consent at any point of time subject to applicable law.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.