Visit Bali For A Delightfully Romantic Honeymoon
A lovers’ la-la land, Bali with its aphrodisiacal sunsets and paradisaical scenery is perfect for your honeymoon. A short flight away from major Asian cities, what makes Bali a couple’s favourite is that this tiny island destination is an idyllic tropical hideaway. If you and your precious half are looking for a honeymoon destination, we suggest you visit Bali.
The island is divided into 8 regencies, but here are some of the main regions of Bali that are a hit among couples.
1. The spiritual and soulful Ubud
Location: Uplands of Bali
Ubud still remains the heart of the the unique Balinese way of life. The area is characterised by hilly jungle landscapes and has a Bohemian vibe which makes for a perfect honeymoon destination in Bali. A honeymooning couple will have many things to do in Ubud, like:
- Receive a spa treatment side-by-side – Whether a spa regular or a first-timer, couples can head to the Kaveri Spa is located at The Udaya Resorts. Its speciality suites, pavilions and jacuzzi overlooking the jungles are perfect for a pampering sesh!
- Enjoy a romantic candlelight dinner overlooking the rice paddy fields.
- Enjoy a private helicopter tour and see the iconic Tanah Lot temple and the rugged terrain of Mount Batur from air
- Watch fireflies, or as the Balinese call them, 'Kunang-Kunang'
Where to stay in Ubud? Wapa di Ume Ubud, Kamandalu Ubud, COMO Uma Ubud
2. The luxurious Nusa Dua
Location: Southern Bali
The hot-bed of some of the best luxurious resorts in Bali, Nusa Dua in Southern Bali is full of gorgeous beaches, sprawling golf courses, and relaxing spas. As a couple, the choices are endless. You can hole up in your open-air pool or sign up for a romantic spa date, or
- Take your beloved for a romantic dinner inside a cave, or to the Samabe Pearl Chapel
- Get on the Ocean Rafts and hit the waters! If you are lucky, you can spot some dolphins too
- Bali's South Coast has some of the most dramatic coastlines. Paraglide with your special someone and share kiss while high up in the sky
- Visit a l'atelier to create a personalised fragrance using some of the finest essences of Indonesia
Where to stay? Courtyard by Marriott Bali Nusa Dua Resort, Ayodya Resort Bali, Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort, The Ritz-Carlton Bali.
3. The chic Seminyak
Location: Southern end of Bali
The main tourist town, Seminyak is busy and bustling. This may not exactly be the place to be for couples looking for some quiet-time, but Seminyak is budget-friendly. Honeymooners looking to party, indulge in street shopping, and dance the night away should definitely make Seminyak a part of their Bali honeymoon itinerary. Here you can:
- Sail to the scenic Nusa Lembongan on a Luxury Catamaran, an experience hard to forget
- Spend some romantic moments watching the sun set along the beach. Later proceed to have a dinner under the tent
- Sign up for a Bali Food Safari that will take you tasting adventures at the many eateries and restaurants in Seminyak.
Where to stay? The Oberoi Bali, The Legian Bali, W Bali – Seminyak, Katamama
4. The party-fav Kuta
Location: South-western Bali
Kuta has some of the best beaches in Bali. A five-mile stretch of clean sand offers some of the best food, drink and party options. As a couple in Kuta, you can shop, surf, and club. You can also:
- Enjoy a horseback ride on the beach and though the rice paddies
- Sign up for a fun couple jewellery-making class and make fun souvenirs
- Book an 18th century bed and picnic under the stars
- Dress up in a couple Balinese costume
- Enjoy a horse-drawn Bendi ride along the Canggu Beach
Where to stay? Hard Rock Hotel Bali, Pullman Bali Legian Beach, Four Points by Sheraton Bali Kuta
5. The laidback Jimbaran
Location: South of Kuta
Couples looking for plenty of opportunities to relax should head to Jimbaran. This area’s practically non-existent nightlife makes this a perfect spot for the honeymooning couples. In Jimbaran, you and your beloved can:
- Go deep sea fishing, or visit the Jimbaran fish Market
- Enjoy a cocktail overlooking the Bukit Peninsula
- Spend a lazy afternoon at Jimbaran beaches
Where to stay? The Ungasan Clifftop Resort, Frangipani Villa, Bvlgari Resort Bali
While you visit Bali for your honeymoon, do not forget to bring everything sexy!