Travel To Thailand Under Rs. 25K! Yes It’s Possible
Taking a foreign trip sounds so cool. One of the things that can restrict us while traveling is the budget though. But thanks to the cheap air travel in today’s world, if you plan carefully and early, well, you can very well take a foreign trip under INR 25K. Travelling within Asia means amazing experiences plus cheap(er) prices! So, you think trip to Thailand under Rs. 25k is possible? We say yes! Let’s find out how.
If you are looking for a place with interesting sightseeing attractions, year-long sunshine, picture perfect beaches, a rocking nightlife, and relaxing massages, Thailand is the place for you! Thailand trip has always been a haven for budget travellers from India. Thailand is also one of the most affordable places to travel. A well-worn destination where everything is convenient and easy – be its travel, hotels, food, or drinks.
How to reach?
With more than 30 direct flights to Bangkok from various cities of India, finding a cheap flight is easy. Airlines like IndiGo, Air India, SpiceJet and Jet Airways fly to Bangkok with fares starting as low as INR 12,000 for a return journey.
Bangkok is served by two international airports: the Suvarnabhumi Airport and the Don Muang Airport. While most full-service airlines from India fly to Suvarnabhumi, the low-cost carriers fly to Don Muang Airport.
Travelling within Thailand
The city of Bangkok has one of the most efficient public transport systems in the world. You can reach from one part of the city to another by metros, buses, taxis, car rentals, tuk-tuk, and more. Pattaya is only 2 hours’ drive from Bangkok. You can hire a taxi to travel to and from Pattaya. Moving around Pattaya is also easy – get a bike. Or hire a car if you are the fancy one!
What to see and do in Thailand?
Consider staying two nights in Bangkok and a night in Pattaya. That way, you can get the best of both of the cities. There are many free things to do in Bangkok. You can:
- Take a walk in the Lumphini Park
- Wander around the streets of Chinatown
- Visit Bnagkok’s many temples
- Climb up The Golden Mount (Wat Saket) to enjoy the views of Bangkok’s skyline
- Shop (or window-shop) at Siam Paragon
- Enjoy live music in on the Khao San Road
As for Pattaya, the ‘Sin City’ has many free things for you to do. You can:
- Stroll along the vibrant “Waking Street.” Start from the Beach Road to go all the way till Bali Hai Pier
- Spend a relaxing day at the Chomthian Beach
- As the dusk falls in, there are many live street-shows that light up the town. Stop by and enjoy.
- Check out the many beachfront stalls at the Na Klua Beach Road
- Visit the island of Hat KoLan and enjoy its beaches.
Where to stay?
Accommodation can be a huge contributing cost when planning a trip to Thailand. Both Bangkok and Pattaya has many cheap accommodation options for you to choose from. For INR 1500 - 1700 per night (including breakfast) you will get you a nice place to put up.
Travel cheap to Thailand using these tips:
- Search for cheap flights. Check flights much in advance. Moreover, you can also save by flying low-cost airlines.
- As tempting as it may seem to hop on a plane to go and laze on the beautiful beaches of Thailand, you can cut costs greatly by travelling in an off-season. Hot season (roughly March to May) and rainy season (May to November) may not be the best time for a trip to Thailand, but it is definitely one of the cheapest seasons.
- Go for budget lodging – A guesthouse in Thailand ranges from 400-1000 THB (USD12- USD30) per night.
- Eat at budget-friendly establishments – Thailand’s street food is quite well-known.
- Buy a package deal that includes internal transportation, stay and sightseeing costs.
Travel documents required:
- Passport with 6 months validity from the date of departure from Thailand
- Confirmed return flight ticket
- Hotel reservation document
- Completely filled ‘visa on arrival’ application form
- Proof of funds as per the regulations
- Boarding card of flight on which you arrive
- Passport size photograph
Total Travel cost:
|Expenses||Cost for 3 nights (per person) *|
|Return Transport||Rs. 12,000*|
|Internal Transport||Rs. 1,500*|
*All prices are in INR and are indicative only. Prices subject to change.
**Total travel cost does not include visa
Tip: Plan in advance and get the cheapest flights to save more!
I would say Thailand is an amazing place with amazing people, you will have a good time there!